Commercial Law Advice & Assistance
Commercial law, also known as business law, is the body of law that applies to the rights, relations, and conduct of persons and businesses engaged in commerce, merchandising trade, and sales. Commercial law in South Africa as well as company law is a body of rules which regulates corporations formed under the Companies Act.
This includes the following: contract law, property law, corporate law, intellectual property law, tax law, negotiable instrument law, and uniform commercial code. Therefore, commercial law or business law comprises the whole set of laws related to trades and sales.
It is important to note that commercial law includes a wide range of services but does not include services regarding criminal law.
Subjects that fall Under Commercial Law:
- Business Trusts
- Commercial Transactions
- Liquidations & Business Rescue
- Commercial Drafting & Litigation
- Lease Agreements
- Terms & Conditions of Sales Agreements
- Advice on Setup of Contracts that Protects the Party Involved
How can we help you?
- In all aspects of contractual law, such as contracts, of which the following 5 points must be met:
- Consensus – a meeting of the minds
- Legality (for example – not a minor, or someone who is under the influence)
- Performance – must be able to perform under reasonable expectations
- Consideration – must have a price
- Formality – setup in a legal document
- Commercial Transactions – disputes with the Consumer Protection ACT
- Commercial Transactions – disputes with customers/suppliers regarding contracts
- Business Rescue
- Early termination of lease agreements. (For example)
Furthermore, we also investigate The Consumer Protection Act, No 68 of 2008 (CPA), and its effect on How do I cancel my lease?
In addition, it is important to note that both the common law and legislation; in particular the Rental Housing Act for residential leases; and the CPA as it regulates both residential and commercial leases.
At first, you will need to contact Cathy at our offices and explain, in brief, what your legal issue is. Therefore, she will then inform you on what documentation will be required to prepare and bring to the first meeting and consultation.
This consultation is billable at R2 850.00 excl VAT p/hour. In the first meeting, you will explain your legal issue in detail, and provide the documentation that Cathy requested. Cathy will look over everything and find a solution to your legal issue at hand.
The follow-up consultations and legal work that will be done will be billed at a rate of R1,850.00 p/hr which include a clear direction of what is being done, and how we will be taking on the case on your behalf. After this, we will give you a quote with the expected number of hours to sort out your legal issue.